It’s been a while since we had a News & Updates episode, and obviously, the Google Maps team has not been sitting around idly all that time – which means it’s high time to check out again what new features have been introduced (or spotted as preview) in Google Maps and what’s new in the local guides community.
- Email: email@example.com
- Reach out to me on Twitter: LocalGuidesGuru
- My personal blog: janvanhaver.com
- The local guides section on my blog
- Find me on Connect
- My Connect post on the ‘Truth about Views’ episode
- TerryPG’s Connect post on tagging food pictures
- ErmesT’s suggestion about road edits in the Idea Exchange
- The Google Announcement/Highlights post on Connect
- Google’s helpdesk article about Google Business Profile
- MortenCopenhagen’s post on review text snippets
- Google’s post about immersive view for routes
- Shola Bello’s post on the TRAC campaign for adding roads
- How StreetView helped escape a man from paying a parking ticket
- The Connect post on EuroMeetup 2023 in Munich, Germany
- Sign up to become a local guide yourself
- Local Guides Connect – the official forum for Local Guides
One thought on “Episode 42: News & Updates”
Wow this is an amazing podcast and thank you for keeping this updated from time to time. I know it requires lots of effort but it’s worth it. Sorry I missed out on following it up. I was following up sometime ago but life gets busier,activities as local guides my own initiatives etc. Will try to get back on TRAC now.
I liked that one you did of the various CM épisode 38 in May 2022. It was cool and inspiring as well. Permit me to say,that this is a special version seeing you included my TRAC event (Lol). Thanks for participating in the event despite your busy schedule. That your post on annoying Zero is going places I tell you 😅😅😅. Thank you Jan.
Interesting that ErmesT Morten Justjake Terry etc were mentioned here as well. Game over,done listening !!! Thank you
Happy podcasting and guiding