What happens if you break the rules set by Google? Should you care about that? This episode covers the main issues that can bring Local Guides into trouble – no matter if they are breaking the rules on purpose or by accident.
- Email: email@example.com
- Reach out to me on Twitter: LocalGuidesGuru
- My personal blog: https://janvanhaver.com/
- The local guides section on my blog
- Sign up to become a local guide yourself
- Local Guides Connect – the official forum for Local Guides
- The official page listing the Terms & Conditions
- The Connect post Why was I removed?
- This epsiode’s What a great idea: Rating Score of the last 3 months
- 2nd European Meet-up (Ghent, Belgium)
- Local Guides World group on Facebook
Jan Van Haver 0:06
Hello, and welcome to the LetsGuide Podcast, the ultimate podcast for Google Local Guides. This is episode number 6 and the topic of today is ‘Breaking the rules’. So what happens if you break the rules set by Google? And should you even care about that? This episode will not cover everything it all details, because that would take, like, 20 hours – not the targeted 20 minutes – but it will cover the main issues that we’ve seen to bring Local Guides into trouble, whether they are breaking the rules on purpose or by accident. What I always say before every episode is that I have no official connection to Google or the Local Guides program, and I’m emphasizing this even more for this specific episode: everything you hear in this podcast is just my personal interpretation, and it’s based on things that I have noticed, either in Google Maps itself, on social media accounts, or platforms related to it. Continue reading “Episode 6: Breaking the Rules”